Hennels Chicken Boarding
Humans aren't the only ones who need a break!
Going on holiday? Moving house? Need someone to babysit your chickens? We have just the solution for you.
Our "Hennels" can accomodate up to 6 birds per run (soon to be expanded) and are available for short or long stays and cost only £1 per bird per day, which includes all their feed, bedding and water. There is a minimum charge of £6 per day. We will feed your chickens with either pellets or mash (as instructed) unless you have a particular feed which you want to provide for us to give them.
In the afternoon they will be given mixed corn and treats (like some tasty greens from the veg patch!).
If you want us to, we will collect all your eggs during their stay and give them to you on your return.
We only have limited accomodation so we recommend booking early, especially in peak times, to avoid dissappointment.
Long-term accomodation can be negotiatied if, for example, you are moving house and require us to look after your hens for several months.
The runs are thoroughly disinfected between each visit and maximum hygiene is kept at all times during their stay.
Home Visit Feeding/Cleaning Service
We also offer a home visit service to let your chickens out and feed them in the morning, clean them out as required and shut them up at night.
Please complete the form below if you require a quote.
Terms and Conditions
- There is a minimum charge of £6 per day or part-day
- We have now changed our drop off policy to help make things easier. As most people leave to go on holiday in the afternoon, dropping off after 1pm and collecting before 11am isn't convenient. This is why we charge by the day rather than per night. There are now no restrictions so just call us the day before to arrange a time.
- Unfortunatley we are unable to accept cockerels
- If you are late collecting your hens, they may be moved to a temporary coop, to facilitate cleaning for other bookings, and an additional daily charge will be incurred.
- A UK contact number should be left whilst you are away.
- All hens should be in good health when they arrive. We cannot accept hens that show symptoms of ill health or respiratory infection.
- Although we are experienced poultry keepers, we cannot be held responsible for any loss, death or injury to your hens whilst in our care. Any veterinary charges will be your responsibility, unless you instruct us otherwise.
- Any hens which are not collected one week after the agreed collection date, will become the property of ‘Handpecked’.
- 'Handpecked' does not accept any liability for personal injury, and individuals are advised to ensure their own safety whilst on our premises.
- 'Handpecked' does accept any liablility for damage, injury or loss at your property.
- By making a booking, you agree to these terms and conditions.
- No refunds are given for early collection of your hens.